Operations Engineering Assistant
Remote & In-Person, Part-time Position
We are looking for a student to assist us in the operations engineering team!
Who We Are
Operations Engineering provides Linux and Windows server system administration support, enterprise monitoring software design and support, and enterprise backups for campus.
- Assist in the creation of monthly metrics reports covering services such as monitoring and alerting and enterprise-level backups
- Audit ServiceNow incidents and requests queue to help the Operations Engineering team stay abreast of customer issues
- Perform fundamental application-level tasks such as adding systems to monitoring and collecting data from backup reporting service
- Create and update team webpage to communicate current team projects as well as provide learning resources and documentation for customers
- Assist in the creation of ServiceNow knowledgebase articles and reports
- Assist in the creation and updating of any new ServiceNow request pages as well as service profile pages
- Create service diagrams using Visio or a drawing program to create service diagrams
- Other job duties as assigned
- Good understanding of Web technologies and web development including but not limited to PHP, Drupal, WordPress, MySQL, Apache, AWS and similar technologies.
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language (e.g. Bash, Python, Powershell, Perl, etc.)
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to regulatory and security requirements, we are only able to hire individuals classified as “United States persons”. For more information, see item 3 “Who is considered a U.S. Person?” of the Oversight section of the nsa.gov FAQ: https://www.nsa.gov/about/faqs/sigint-faqs/#oversight3
This role follows the email application process.
Open for Fall 2022
Accepting applications now
A&I Operations Engineering
Systems Support Engineer Manager
10-12 Hours per week.
$12 per hour
Remote / In-person as needed
Start: Aug 29, 2022
End: May 19, 2023
Perks of the Job
Learn to work in a remote environment effectively!
Work with many experienced and knowledgeable team members. Make new friends at work!
Get more hands-on experience from working for a longer period of time. Be a part of GT IT communities!
Get experience working with enterprise level web technologies.
A Step Towards Success
Student assistants who have worked in this Ops Engineering role have moved on to full-time roles and internships at some pretty awesome companies.