Systems Analyst, Jr.
Remote, Part-time Position
We are looking for a self-starting, focused, and detail-oriented Junior Systems Analyst who will be able to work for a multi-semester span as a part of the OIT Web Hosting Team.
This role will deliver support to customers around Georgia Tech about how to use the OIT Web Hosting service efficiently and effectively. This includes troubleshooting site issues, provisioning and decommissioning sites, and other duties as assigned. Improve services by assisting with automation to streamline provisioning, de-provisioning, and service fulfillment. Assist in the documentation of processes/procedures.
Impact & Influence
This position will interact on a consistent basis with: website owners, OIT Web Hosting Team members, and other IT Staff members.
Keys to Success
A successful Junior Systems Analyst must be a problem solver and be able to provide well-written documentation for change and updates.
- Interest in Web-based Technologies
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Ability to interact with customers in a professional manner via phone and email
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Good Technical writing and documentation skills
- Willingness to learn new things
- Good understanding of Web technologies and web development including but not limited to PHP, Drupal, WordPress, MySQL, Apache, AWS and similar technologies.
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language (e.g. Bash, Python, Powershell, Perl, etc.)
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
The job requires a U.S. citizen. The person will need to be able to access data that is classified or export control.
This role follows the email application process.
Aug 7, 2022
Accepting applications now
A&I Web Platform Engineering
IT Service Delivery Manager
20 Hours per week.
M-F 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Based on experience
Remote / In-person Optional (CODA). Students are NOT allowed to work while outside of the United States.
Start: Aug 21, 2022
End: Dec 14, 2023
Perks of the Job
Work fully remotely. Learn to work in a remote environment effectively!
Work with many experienced and knowledgeable team members. Make new friends at work!
Get more hands-on experience from working for a longer period of time. Be a part of GT IT communities!
Get experience working with enterprise level web technologies.