Technical Support Agent 1
On-Campus, Part-time Position
The Technical Support Agent I (TSA I) is a technical student assistant job working for Community Technical Services (a team within OIT) in the new Price-Gilbert main library on the 3rd floor at the Media Scholarship Commons. These assistants will provide technical and customer support at the MediaDesk with an expertise in multimedia applications.
The new Media Scholarship Commons is a media creation and editing service area of the Library, using all new hardware; plotters, a high-performance video editing suite, as well as a new professional audio and video studio. This will be an exciting opportunity for any student to learn and build on their experience and who may want to work in any media field in the future.
A TSA I must be currently enrolled in classes at Georgia Tech to be eligible for employment and is required to work 10-20 hours per week depending on course schedule, citizenship restrictions and load requirements. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following skills and tasks:
- Provide customers with technical and multimedia assistance including troubleshooting with printing or computer issues.
- Manage plotter printer operations including assistance with job submission, printing, and collection of payment.
- Maintain all equipment in Print Studio including printer maintenance.
- Maintain all equipment in the Audio, Video, and Edit Studio.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the space.
- Special tasks and projects as assigned by supervisor.
Prospective applicants should have an intermediate level of knowledge of the various technologies including:
- Adobe Creative Suite with a focus on Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop
- Video editing software including iMovie and Final Cut Pro
- Mac OSX
- Hardware troubleshooting and repairs
Applicants should also possess good communication skills, should be dependable, proactive, and be open to providing excellent customer service to users.
Open for Fall 2022
Now Accepting Applications
Community Technical Services
IT Service Delivery Manager Sr.
10-20 Hours per week
Media Scholarship Commons
Fall Semester 2022
Perks of the Job
Join a team of more than 24 student assistants and learn to collaborate with like-minded colleagues.
Acquire real-world service experience, applicable to future industry opportunities.
Gain hands-on experience across a breadth of technologies such as multimedia, audio, video, and print.