Technical Support Agent 2
On-Campus, Part-time Position
Technical Support Agent 2 will provide support in the operation and maintenance of computer systems. Position typically addresses a wide variety of applications often involving IT incidents and customer service requests while working under in-person and remote supervision.
This position will work in a team of 6 assistants and liaison with IT Support Professional staff teams to support Campus Services and GT IT Coda employees and customers. This position is expected to analyze support issues and recommend solutions verbally and in writing.
- Provide users with assistance in working on specific applications and campus services.
- Participate in the development of standard operating procedures.
- Analyze and resolve workstation, application, and server-related problems.
- Update desktop software/applications; maintain documentation on installed applications.
- Status: Must be a Georgia Tech Student (part or full-time) this Fall semester
- Education: Candidate for Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science, information systems, or a closely related field or equivalent experience
- Work Experience: Interest in IT Management and experience/willingness to provide customer service. Preferred experience with Microsoft Active Directory services, Windows 10, issue-tracking ticket systems, service administration consoles, and in-person or over-the-phone service.
- This job requires the will to gain advanced knowledge of and skill in the maintenance of information technology hardware and software, requiring a full understanding of industry practices and campus policies and procedures.
- Included are skills in problem-solving, decision making, customer service, knowledge building, and communications.
- The candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong service orientation, and the ability to work well with professionals in providing technical solutions.
- Availability: Be able to work at 8–20 hours per week with some 7:00am shifts.
CLOSED for Fall 2022
No longer accepting applications
Departmental Computing Support
IT Support Professional Manager
12-20 Hours per week
CODA Building/Tech Square
756 West Peachtree Street Northwest, Atlanta, GA 30308
Fall Semester 2022
Perks of the Job
Join a team of 6 student assistants and learn to collaborate with like-minded colleagues.
Acquire real-world service experience, applicable to future industry opportunities.
Gain hands-on experience across a breadth of technologies such as multimedia, audio, video, and print.