Technical Support Agent I – Hardware
On-Campus, Part-time Position
Technical Support Agents (TSA) respond to the computing needs of the Georgia Tech Community.
This position requires critical thinking skills for efficient problem solving, the ability to learn and install new software applications, and a knowledge and understanding of basic wireless networking concepts. Technical Support Agents can expect a steady volume of incidents throughout the year with several peak times such as the beginning of the semester. Additionally, TSAs are required to commit to technical training provided the week before the Fall semester start-up.
- Support the campus laptop loaner program, issuing and assisting students with using the loaner laptops. Duties will include imaging laptops and installing software for deployment.
- Support the Commodity program, which sells and images laptops for other IT departments on campus.
- Provide desktop support for Clough occupants with direction from the full time IT Support Professional staff.
- Support and service all standard student printing located within the Library buildings.
- Support and service the computer clusters located within the Library buildings.
- Maintain inventory of all technology.
- When needed, provide backup support for Print Studio, another job within CTS.
- Special tasks and projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to deal calmly with frustrated clients
- Excellent customer service skills & good communication skills
- Basic level knowledge Windows OS, Apple Computers/macOS, operating systems and devices
- Hardware and software troubleshoot and repair
- Experience installing software on Windows and/or macOS
- Experience with removing viruses, adware, and spyware
- Excellent written and verbal abilities
- Dependable and proactive
- Speaking additional language(s) is desired
CLOSED for Fall 2022
No longer accepting applications
Community Technical Services
IT Service Delivery Manager Sr.
10-20 Hours per week. 10 hours minimum.
On Campus: Clough Commons (215)
Fall Semester 2022
Perks of the Job
Work schedules are flexible and based on your availability and academic schedule.
Join a team of student assistants and learn to collaborate with like-minded colleagues in a fun and friendly work culture
Gain on the job IT training and hands-on experience across a breadth of technologies.
Acquire real-world service experience, applicable to future industry opportunities within a customer-focused technology support role