Technical Support Agent I – Software
Hybrid: Remote & On-Campus, Part-time Position
Technical Support Agents (TSA) respond to the computing needs of the Georgia Tech Community.
This position requires critical thinking skills for efficient problem solving, the ability to learn and install new software applications, and a knowledge and understanding of basic wireless networking concepts. Technical Support Agents can expect a steady volume of incidents throughout the year with several peak times such as the beginning of the semester. Additionally, TSAs are required to commit to technical training provided the week before the Fall semester start-up.
- Provide great customer service using interpersonal skills to assist customers at our walk-up locations, over the telephone, and through our Incident Tracking Systems
- Provide user account support
- Document each interaction with the clients and assign internal service request to appropriate service areas
- Provide effective remote support through the use of various remote support applications
- Triage all technical and financial related calls and requests received by the Enterprise Service Desk to the appropriate service areas
- Removal of viruses, adware, and spyware
- Troubleshoot Windows and/or macOS problems
- Install/Refresh Windows Operating System software
- Configure/Install network, e-mail, and various software applications
- Troubleshoot wireless issues
- Assist with tasks and projects related to the technology needs of the campus as assigned
- Configure two-factor authentication on various devices
- Contribute and review knowledge articles
- Ability to deal calmly with frustrated clients
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong working knowledge Windows OS, Apple Computers/macOS, operating systems and devices
- Knowledge of Ga Tech’s commonly used enterprise software products such as MS Office 365 applications
- Experience installing software on Windows and/or macOS
- Experience with removing viruses, adware, and spyware
- Excellent written and verbal abilities
- Speaking additional language(s) is desired
CLOSED for Fall 2022
No longer accepting applications
Enterprise Service Desk
IT Service Delivery Manager Sr.
9-20 Hours per week. 9 hours minimum.
Hybrid: Remote & Clough Commons (215)
Fall Semester 2022
Perks of the Job
Work schedules are flexible and based on your availability and academic schedule.
Join a team of student assistants and learn to collaborate with like-minded colleagues in a fun and friendly work culture
Gain on the job IT training and hands-on experience across a breadth of technologies.
Acquire real-world service experience, applicable to future industry opportunities within a customer-focused technology support role