Administrative Professional Student Assistant
The Administrative Professional team is looking for student assistants to aid in various tasks! This student assistant will have the opportunity to assist a GA Tech director in organizing different areas of technology. We are looking for an outgoing person that is comfortable with public facing contact across different groups, is equally good at managing schedules, and swift with creating useful graphics and videos. If this sounds interesting, please apply, as we look to fill this position quickly!
As a student assistant, you will will report to one of two Georgia Tech directors in a technology area. The director’s need assistance with organizing various departments that include employees that provide a technology related service to campus. This position requires good schedule managing skills, ability to communicate between different groups, and swiftness in creating graphics and videos.
- Will create image/video media for items such as: events, trainings, calendars, job listings, etc.
- Will schedule meetings and events
- Will send emails to teams, leadership, and other stakeholders
- Will make phone calls to vendors and staff
- Will assist in person with setting up (occasionally) at office parties, conferences, and other campus events.
- Skilled at using or solid knowledge in using a graphic design program such as: Canva, Photoshop, etc
- Skilled at using or solid knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Office.
- Detail oriented
- Great communication skills
- Familiar with associating with different departments
- Students must be a U.S. person (U.S. citizen or permanent resident)
- Due to regulatory and security requirements, we are only able to hire individuals classified as “United States persons”. For more information, see item 3 “Who is considered a U.S. Person?” of the Oversight section of the nsa.gov FAQ: https://www.nsa.gov/about/faqs/sigint-faqs/#oversight3
This role follows the email application process. Please take note of the citizenship requirements.
Accepting new applications until August 28, 2023
Up to 20 hours per week.
Start Date: July 31, 2023
End Date: July 31, 2027
Perks of the Job
Work schedules are flexible and based on your availability and academic schedule.
Experience in Other Career Paths
Not only is this comparable to being an Executive Assistant, the skills you will gather from this position can to other career paths such as Project Manager, Scrum Master, Human Resource Specialist, and Digital Creator.
Gain on the job IT training and hands-on experience across a breadth of technologies.
Acquire real-world service experience, applicable to future industry opportunities within a customer-focused technology support role