Technical Support Agent II
On-Campus, Part-time Position
Technical Support Agent II will provide support in the operation and maintenance of computer systems. Position typically addresses a wide variety of applications often involving IT incidents and customer service requests while working under in-person and remote supervision.
This position will work in a team of up to 10 assistants and liaison with IT Support Professional staff teams to support Campus Services and GT IT Coda employees and customers. This position is expected to analyze support issues and recommend solutions verbally and in writing.
- Provide users with assistance in working in specific applications and campus services.
- Participate in development of standard operating procedures.
- Analyze and resolve workstation, application and peripherals related problems.
- Update desktop software/applications; maintain documentation on installed applications.
- Education: Must be an enrolled Georgia Tech Student (part or full-time)
- Work Experience: Interest in IT Management and experience/willingness providing customer service
- Skills: This job requires the will to gain advanced knowledge of and skill in the maintenance of information technology hardware and software, requiring a full understanding of industry practices and campus policies and procedures. Included are skills in problem solving, decision making, customer service, knowledge building and communications.
- Availability: Be able to work at least 10 and no more than 20 hours a week.
- Preferred Education: Candidate for Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science, information systems or a closely related field or equivalent experience
- Preferred Work Experience: Experience with Microsoft Active Directory services, Windows 10/11, issue-tracking ticket systems, service administration consoles, in-person or over the phone service
- Preferred Skills: Candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong service orientation, and the ability to work well with professionals in providing technical solutions.
- Preferred Technical Skills: Strong knowledge of Office 365 apps and services provided by Tech.
- Availability: Be able to work some 7am shifts and generally 12 to 20 hours a week.
This role follows the email application process.
Open for Spring 2024
Departmental Computing Support
IT Support Professional II
12-20 Hours per week.
(Typically 7am to 6pm)
$14 per hour
Coda Building, 756 West Peachtree Street Northwest, Atlanta, GA 30308
The Biltmore, 817 West Peachtree Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30308
Spring Semester 2024
Perks of the Job
Join a team of 5 student assistants and learn to collaborate with like-minded colleagues.
Acquire real-world service experience, applicable to future industry opportunities.
Gain hands-on experience across a breadth of technologies such as multimedia, audio, video, and print.
A Step Towards Success
Student assistants who have worked in this Technical Support Agent role have moved on to full-time roles and internships at some pretty awesome companies.